Due to the very high temperatures we are currently experiencing in Kakadu we have decided to wrap up our season a little early this year as your (and our) safety is paramount!
Our last tour for this season will be heading out to Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls tomorrow, 7 October 2013.
In the stone country, temperatures have regularly exceeded 40ºC and are predicted to remain high throughout the upcoming build-up season.
The Arnhem Land escarpment is a magnificent place to explore but we’ve certainly been feeling the heat out there at Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls!
If you’re planning to visit Kakadu in coming weeks to experience some of our fabulous sites at your own pace, please make sure you do so well prepared:
- Start your walks early in the day;
- Avoid hiking and other strenuous activities in the heat of the afternoon;
- Wear sturdy footwear, sensible clothing, a wide-brimmed hat and sun protection;
- Carry a little hiker’s first aid kit;
- Make sure you carry plenty of drinking water (minimum 1 litre per hour of activity).
Thinking about visiting the park next year?
We’ll be back with more tours to Ikoymarrwa, Motor Car Falls, Gunlom and Maguk in Kakadu’s early dry season, Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls and Jarrangbarnmi (Koolpin Gorge)!
Still pondering about a trip to Kakadu? How is this to whet your appetite:
The first episode of this four-part documentary series will screen at 7:30pm on Australia’s ABC 1 tonight, Sunday 6 October 2013.
Unplug the phone, grab the popcorn and enjoy!